What an eventful start to the year. We've only entered the 23rd day of 2010 and already these much have happened:
  • movie marathons (and many more to come)
  • the 'Allah' controversy and attacks
  • shocking death of an acquaintance, Sandra Wong, whom I wish I knew better
  • earthquake in Haiti
  • short holiday in the jungle with dogs and Taboo
  • ridiculous fuel proposals
  • Avatar hype
  • Avatar linked to certain skyscrapers no more existing (everyone say "HUH?!")
  • more feasting (I thought Christmas was over weeks ago?)
  • more exercising (due to feasting)
 And here I was saying, "January is usually a quiet month for me." Right.

Yet in spite of the busyness, the past weeks have been weeks of waiting for me.  Waiting for God's direction for 2010. I have these plans in front of me, but cannot move because of certain things that simply enjoy in delays. It's about trusting God not only in His guidance, but timing.



God is never early. God is never late. He is always on time. The only thing is that He and I seem to have our clocks set in different time zones.  BUT... but but but the truth is God's clock is and always right. He is after all the Creator of time itself.

I came across a story of perfect timing in the Bible recently. There was this particular woman who trusted God. When a famine was to fall upon the land, Elisha, a prophet of God told her to leave and return only after the 7 years of famine have passed.

So the woman arose and did according to the saying of the man of God... It came to pass, at the end of seven years, that the woman returned... and she went to make an appeal to the king for her house and for her land.

No doubt the king would have been attending to a million and one things, and a woman's plea was probably down the list of urgency. But lo and behold, at that very moment, the king was listening to Gehazi, the servant of Elisha, recounting the "things Elisha has done."

Now it happened, as he was telling the king how he had restored the dead to life, that there was the woman whose son he had restored to life, appealing to the king for her house and for her land. And Gehazi said, "My lord, O king, this is the woman, and this is her son whom Elisha restored to life."


The woman returned home after 7 years, noticed the changes in scenery and people, and felt out of place and in need of security. Then God placed the right people in the right place at the right time. In she strolled into the king's court and bumped into Gehazi who was doing none other than talking about her. And because of that she had the favor of the king and regained her land and profit. Talk about perfect timing.

It is a short passage, this story. But it reassures me often that with God, there really is no need to worry. Because He really knows what He's doing.

So in spite of my natural anxiety, it's time for me to throw out my clock and attune myself to His ticking.