Today's lunch: Cheesy egg sandwich with herbed tomatoes and capsicum // CHARMAINSIM
Ever since I got married, I've been a regular inhabitant of the kitchen. I knew how to cook, but there was never a need for me to cook every single day. So that took some adjusting to. Thankfully, the cute young man my husband is not a fussy eater. Tastes fine + healthy = happy man. During his uni days, he ate tuna sandwiches almost every day.

As for me, I don't mind having the same thing for a few days. But I also love experimenting. I enjoy opening the fridge, looking at what I got, and figuring out what to make.

But it's not as easy as it sounds. The headache is coming up with a dish in the first place. Sometimes I want to make something, but am missing an ingredient. So I have to look for an alternative ingredient or find another recipe.

In all honesty, the kitchen is where my need for perfection reveals itself. I can spend about an hour obsessing over recipes, another half hour deciding what is doable and what isn't, and then, no matter how much I plan ahead, most likely spend half the day in the kitchen.

Yes, my husband isn't a fussy eater, but I take pride in serving him the best I can prepare. I take seriously the adage that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Seriously. Kinda.

And now I've spoiled him. Haha!

Anyway, today's lunch was another one of those Let's-study-ten-recipes-and-see-what-to-improvise kinda thing.

This sandwich had:
- Two slices of multi-grain wholewheat bread
- 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and Greek yogurt
- Sliced capsicum and honey tomatoes seared with herbs and pepper
- Lettuce leaves

I might have to rethink my obsession with cooking. It can be really time-consuming.

But it's so fun creating!

Ah well, until then, here's to dinner which is coming soon and I hope you have a good evening!