If there's only one thing I'm good at, it's procrastination. And that is not a good thing.

This year, though, I'm gonna work on that. So far it hasn't been easy. In a nutshell, God's revealed an unhealthy sense of fear that I didn't realize resided in me. Fear of failing, fear of pursuing the "wrong" thing, fear for lack of knowledge, fear of break-ins, fear of losing people -  to name a few.

It's the kind of fear that's subliminal and utterly nonsensical, but cripples. Yet God is good. One day 2 Timothy 1:7 just popped into my head.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

And that was the beginning of another revolutionary growth in Him. It's a very slow journey - I have to consciously deal with moments of doubt - but it's also a sure one.

The reason why I brought this topic up is the gut feeling that amazing things are in store for 2013. I just have to be unafraid of the plans God has lined up. I just have to be more intentional in life. Not too much of the phelgmatic lah, you know.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28)

This year, fear will have no hold on me, except the fear of God. Here's to an awesome year ahead!

:)