So really, there are a great many people who've impacted my life. But today I'd like to take the time to thank two particular persons.

Dear Lindley and Rachel,

Yes, it's you two. I've been missing you guys. Three weeks here and I'm still not quite used to not having either of you in my classes. I love how we could sit after and just talk about moral issues related to class, relationships, and cute lecturers. The 3 Christian Arts girls, someone said before. But I'm proud of our "title". :)  There are times when I feel like discussing something deep but I don't quite yet have such a relationship here.

Lindley, I love how you're chirpy and laugh easily. You're a total social butterfly, and I wonder how you do it. I get tongue-tied and awkward a lot of times. But you make it look so easy to get to know people, to be their friend, to be the listening ear when they're in need. And I can really witness how you're growing in your walk with God. You encourage me when there are times I just want to be a hermit.

Rachel, you have such a quiet but warm presence. I admire how you talk to the less-noticeable people so easily. And I really really respect your passion for missions. I'm still struggling with the idea of total abandonment to Him in regards to what I want to do with my life. But you just go and do it, you know.

The way I see it, you are two rather different personalities, but underlying those differences, you both have such a great love for God and people. And it's such an open love. I'm changed because of that. Because through the both of you, I see that I don't have to be the most charismatic extrovert or Mother Teresa before I can love people. I can just be me, as God created me to be.

So here's to you, Lindley and Rachel, and how you've influenced me in 1 and 1/2 years. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I look forward to being reunited again.

With much love,
Charms