According to my big fat American Heritage Dictionary which -- other than my equally big fat encyclopedia -- collects more dust than any other book in my room, deja vu is defined as "the illusion of having already experienced something actually being experienced for the first time." That may be true, but I think it's not simply an illusion. We are created with eternity in our hearts, so I believe when deja vu happens, it's when our eternal clock and temporal clock strike in time.

What I don't understand, though, is why we experience deja vus that are seemingly insignificant. It could be the way we sit, who we're sitting with, or everyday activities.

Today I had a ridiculous deja vu. I was sitting cross-legged on my bedroom floor, my mom was on the ladder painting the wall, and we were musing on the rarity of something. But instead of saying "It's hard to find..." I said,


"It's fart to hind."


And that was my deja vu. So much for seeing the future.
.