God is funny. His surprises come out of nowhere, yet hit at the most ironic moments.

For one month, I was walking on a tightrope with a burden on my shoulders. It wasn't just my to-do list that never seemed to end. Inside I was in turmoil, persevering through the day while fighting off fear, worry, anxiety. Who knows what triggered it. I just was.

Yet I knew that God wanted me to focus on Him. It is during the busiest and craziest times that I need to draw closer to Christ, to press through the dark clouds and obstacles just so I can maintain my line of sight of Him.

By some miracle I did it. God gave me enough time to be with Him, as well as to finish my tasks. It's really a case of "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you".

So here I was towards the end of August, physically and spiritually spent, no will to do anything more. And then only could I truly feel the flooding of His joy, His peace - oh that which I've been longing for!

It is at this juncture of refreshed peace and joy that God's sense of humor comes in.

For two years I walked with timidity and much apprehension in one area I wondered if I could ever open myself up to again. It's that one area I constantly struggle with. Then out of the blue, when I was far from hopeful in this, God surprises me - at the most unusual time and least expected place. And for once in a long time my response is far from apprehension, but excitement!

The devotional Our Daily Bread said, "Whether we react to life with faith or fear depends on our focus." And I think that describes me now. The future is far from being any more clearer to me. But I realize that from this month of learning and growing, my focus is back on Jesus. And because my focus is realigned, I can respond in faith, knowing He'll guide me step by step and that things will come in the right time.

So pardon me if a smile is plastered on my face. I can't help laughing about God's big little surprises. =)