In the bookshelf beside me sits a book untouched for a very long time. What book is that? It’s a workbook to help me map out five years of my life.

Five years ago, I attempted to tackle the task and never finished it. Looking back, I remember how I felt, how I thought my life should unfold... or rather, how I didn't know how my life should unfold. I had dreams, but I had a whole lot of uncertainty as well. 

Well, the past five years turned out very different from expected. For one, I never thought I'd actually go to university and complete a degree! Yes, my ideals were disappointed, but they've been replaced with better dreams, the kinds rooted in reality but reaches beyond what I had imagined. And I have more faith now, not in myself but my Maker.

Now here I am, at the end of a season and the beginning of another, wondering if I should give the book another go. But whether or not I do that, here's a list of what I would like to do or be within the next five years:
  • Married
  • Build a home and family
  • Be planted in a community, impacting lives
  • Be proficient in Spanish
  • Finally be able to hold conversations in Mandarin, rather than just knowing enough to order food! 
  • Write a book - I don’t care if my book ever gets published, I simply wish to pen something. 
And ultimately, as I once tweeted, that I would not just make a living, but create a lifestyle rich in purpose. :)