This online radio I've been listening to airs one particular commercial frequently. The ad promotes engagement rings. (Yeah, way to go for constantly reminding single girls what we're missing.)

Anyway.

The thing that irks me is this line that goes, "Celebrate the most romantic time of your life!"

Wait, what? The more I listened to it, the more I realize how wrong that idea is. Because romance shouldn't be only in the season of courtship and engagement. Yes, it's the lovey-dovey period, but the wedding doesn't signify the end of romance. It's only the beginning.

Marriage itself should be the romance of a lifetime. Yeah, maybe the feelings would evolve, but only to change to a love stronger than before. I'm confident it's only going to get better as time goes on. I witness it in my parents' marriage and in several others. 

And so I tie this to Rebecca St. James, the musical artist whose life I admire. Because she was willing to forsake all counterfeits and wait for her romance of a lifetime. And God honored her commitment, because this year in April she got married to her Jacob Fink.


*sob* So happy for her!

So maybe there was a reason why I had to listen to that ad countless times.